Images for All was a two year RSGS project with the goal of carrying out essential conservation work on the RSGS geographical collections and improving access to the public. The project began in September 2005 and was completed at the end of August 2007. The project is presently in its wind down period which will last till 31st December 2007.
The project was funded by a grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund.
- to implement an ongoing repair and conservation programme
- to list all items in the collections
- to provide online access to these listings
- to digitise a representative sample of images from the collections and make these available online
- to promote the collections to a diverse public
The project team, overseen by the project management group, comprised two full time staff based at the RSGS HQ and one part-time consultant providing database and web-design expertise. The Project Team